Saturday, April 23, 2011

...and the little mishaps

Apart from the food intake, (which in many cases seems to have followed American trends for larger meals), it does take a few days to re-adjust to the new time, climate, traffic, money, etc.

Then about a day before we were to get to Ardrossan, I got a little 'tickle' in my throat, which I dreaded would become something worse and go down to my chest. That didn't happen, but the dry cough persisted, and despite lozenges and linctus, I couldn't shake it. The coughing became so bad at one point I think I must have strained something inside, and have been in some pain since the last night of the small cruise. It's mostly when I cough, but also painful in the process of lying down and getting up, (can you break a rib by coughing???). Might have to see if there is a local clinic nearby, but of course it's Easter weekend isn't it.

Then, when we arrived here at Northcliff, and were bringing things up to the apartment (wait til you see the photo's), Lee tripped up a flight flight of stairs, and bruised her knee!

Just hope this is the worst that will happen, because there is a long time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment